Sverve!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Here We Go Again....

Ooops, I did it again.  


I'm channeling my inner Brittany here...


But there's a reason for that.  


I want her body.  I REALLY want her body.


No...you dirty people.  Not like THAT.  Shame on you for thinking that (especially YOU Z-Man!)


I mean, I wish my curves were like hers.  A small little waist like hers.  Nice perky boobs like hers.  Thighs like hers.  I know I'll never be like her...although my singing IS pretty good despite what my family and friends think....but to be something close like that would make me happy.   


So I did it again.  The same thing I did last January.  I joined Weight Watchers.  And this time I'm serious. 


Stop laughing.  I mean it this time.  


 I'm challenging myself to complete a week without failing.  Then, if I meet THAT challenge, I will challenge myself to complete two weeks.  And then three weeks and on and on.  Baby steps people.  Baby steps.  


I like food.  Obviously.  I'm not telling you something you didn't already know.  Here's my problem.  I like food with actual taste.  Food that smells good.  Food that looks good.  Those so called healthy foods don't do a damn thing for me.  Nothing.  Zip.  Nada.  And I have to force myself to eat them.  Which then becomes a chore.  I hate chores.  Ask my Mom.  So I have to learn how to cook food that is "healthy" and low in fat/calories/carbs/taste so that I can learn how to eat them, and maybe even *gasp* like them.


I went to the market yesterday and I got myself cottage cheese and Egg Beaters® , turkey sausage and  LEAN CUISINE®   meals for lunches, even though I normally wouldn't purchase these tasteless items any other time.  First, I must say...when you doctor up the cottage cheese with some chives, salt and pepper...it's pretty damn tasty.  And the  LEAN CUISINE® meals?  They've come a long way baby.  Some are still nasty lacking in flavor and texture but I will say the two out of the five I bought, so far, were pretty tasty.  More on that to come.  But my all time favorite surprise???  I whipped this little baby up for my breakfast today.  Easy.  Really Easy.  Almost too easy.  But it didn't taste like nasty 'ole' healthy crap.  It tasted like the fatty. luscious, tasty, divine food that I prefer to eat.  


Here it is.  Are you ready??  


Ahem.  


Drum roll please.....






Yep.  It's exactly what it looks like.  Well, if you think it looks like Cheesy Scrambled Eggs, that is.  I know.  Simple.  But oh so very yummylicious.  Seriously.  It was like a little breakfast party in my mouth.  And the BEST part???  It was ONLY 4 points! 4 POINTS for breakfast?  What?  Holy Macaroni!  And it tasted good.  I mean really really GOOD.  All from these 3 simple ingredients:





 Just measure out your serving size (1/4 cup of Southwestern style Egg Beaters® , 2/3 cup of turkey sausage crumbles and 1 slice of cheese) and throw them in a pan.  2 minutes later....oila!  A hearty and good portioned breakfast!!  


I'm psyched!  Healthy breakfasts are hard for me.  


I could so have this every single morning and be perfectly content!!  


Who knew?


Maybe this weight loss stuff will work after all.  




Got a favorite low fat meal you want to share here?  I'll be happy to post it if you have one!!



3 comments:

  1. I am with you honey. well not WW but in getting healthy. I got a horrible wake up call...welcoming me to wonderful world of diabetes. It sucks. My fingers are no pin cushions. But I am motivated...cause I like this living and having feet and eye site thing...so...joined a gym...Planet Fitness has unlimited tanning included...yes, my formally white belly is now bronze...ok, pink, but who's looking. and I am to watch sugar and carbs. I love carbs. so...hear to support all you want!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diabetes sucks. sucks ass to be specific. I had gestational diabetes...and thankfully I no longer have it, but I am very susceptible to it in my years to come, as it's prevalent in my family and since I had it during pregnancy. Sugar is my true weakness, with carbs being a close runner up. I will be here to support you in anyway you need. It's beatable! You can kick diabetes ass!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had gestational too...and family history so my dr was watching for it. My numbers are barely over the norm but she is taking it seriously...so am I. Trying to pretend I love the gym.

    ReplyDelete